Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Last Supper
Saying goodbye to my students was difficult. In the end I decided to have a few over to enjoy a fusion meal. We made tortillas and guacamole as well as traditional mahangu porridge and spinach. The girls had never eaten guacamole before and they absolutely loved it! It was also a special meal because we exchanged gifts. I gave the girls some of my clothes, magazines and school supplies and they gave me handmade baskets, clay pots, baobab fruit and a traditional necklace.


Herbertha carrying a gift of baskets from her mother.


Emilie enjoying guacamole.

Severine


The spread.

On the last day of school Elizabeth and Evelina brought in a traditional Owambo dress for me to wear. I felt like the belle of the ball.

Evelina helping me to get dressed.

Elizabeth helping me with the head wrap.

A traditional Owambo dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home