Saturday, February 11, 2006

Well, it has been quite the week. The main highlights of the past week were, and I apologise if this is too much information for some, food poisoning and the “runny tummy”! The “runny tummy”, as Pete put it, is an evocative yet euphemistic expression. Let’s leave it at that, shall we?

I am very, very happy it’s the weekend. I’m sure my students are happy as well – I was unfortunately a tad on the crabby side this week as a result of the above mentioned “highlights”.

What else about the week (surely other things have happened aside from numerous trips to the bathroom)? Well, I had to call off my drama club meeting this week because the principal told me that he would like me to create some kind of culture club with another teacher. I am hoping this will all come together soon so that we can start HIV/AIDS sessions with the students and hopefully still put on a play at the end of term. The girls’ soccer practice was about the same as last week’s – some half-hearted effort with the running and skill drills, and then full-out enthusiasm for the soccer match at the end! By the way, the African Nations Cup is currently ongoing, and I believe that the final is between Cote d’Ivoire and Egypt. Unfortunately Namibia never even qualified!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home