Friday, February 10, 2006

This week, my dear friend Lisa wrote me an email that I found very astute. By the way, Lisa is a math teacher with New York Teaching Fellows, and I hope she doesn't mind if I share some of her comments:

-- "Teaching is tough, but teachers are tough too."
-- "They have a lot going on in their lives...I think we all want to make a huge impact on our kids, but they have so many other impressions already made and simultaneously being made that we cannot put their shortcomings on ourselves."


P.S. Photos to follow tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yipeee! i've made it! i really wanted to be the first one to post a comment on your blog one day, and i've done it. :-) yep, as you can see, i've no life! I like Lisa's comments they're very true. You can only do so much and make so much of an impact on the children you are teaching, but you are only a small (and important) part in their whole life.Though i really do believe that it only takes one person who truly cares to positively influence a child because they are still in their formative years. I got your email thanks hun, you've had a tough week, so relax a lot!! email you soon. luv nic xx

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home