Wednesday, March 22, 2006

By the way, Mum, you would have been so proud of me - as soon as we got back, I immediately started to handwash my dirty mound of clothes! To top this off, I did this despite the fact that we have had no water for the past week!

The first day the water ran out, we had just gotten back from a long run in the hot afternoon - we quickly discovered that the frustration of a water shortage is compounded when you have been looking forward to a cold shower but are left sweaty and smelly! We have also discovered how bad we are at water conservation. I would say that Pete and myself are generally pretty environmentally conscious people, and we don't even have a (flushing) toilet, but we still manage to go through a lot of water. And this is just doing basic living things such as washing clothes, washing dishes, bathing, cooking, drinking, brushing teeth etc.

We now get our daily water from Pete's school, which is very kindly letting us use their one outdoor tap for the moment. I am trying to learn how to walk with a bucket of water on my head but this is still a work in progress.



A peaceful water hole.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

that's so beautiful.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Ted said...

especially the giraffe! and my colleague noticed that the cloud beneath it looks like a giant bird.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home