Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Last weekend we went with some other WorldTeach folks to a get-together at a VSO couple's house. It was really fun to meet some of the other volunteers in the greater area. The volunteers we met hailed from the Netherlands, US, England and France.

This week I am attending a 3-day workshop in a town a bit further than Oshakati. However, today I found out that it is not a workshop at all but instead is really just some teachers getting together to make the Grade 12 English exam for August. I don't even teach Grade 12...and for this I was told to take 3 days off teaching (it's funny how I no longer desire to miss school now that I'm a teacher)! Let me just say once again that there are no substitute teachers and I have no textbooks for my kids. Oh well.

Also, I discovered about 6 spider 'cocoons' in my room this week. Only I didn't know what they were until Pete disturbed one by accident and tons of baby spiders came crawling out!! The adult spiders in my room are BIG fellas. I'm secretly hoping that a lot of these baby spiders will not make it to adulthood.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello tini my love, am giggling about the spider comment! xx

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home